[FQP] WN4AFP Claimed Score

Dave Edmonds dave at pkministrywebs.com
Mon Apr 30 13:59:20 PDT 2018

 Florida QSO Party

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   40:  262     55
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  262     55  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 36  Total Score = 116,958

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

This was my 4th FQP and my goal was to double my previous score of
56k.We'll I
gave this one 80% of the contest duration, but gave it everything I could. I
decided to work this contest in "QPF" mode... that is QSO Party
Freestylin'. All I had was a  blank FL county map and my IC-751 with a
dipole at
10'. As the contest started I knew that this was going to be an uphill
battle
because I only had ONE band to use. I heard ZERO FL stations on 20m, so it
was a
single-band effort on a poor 40m band. I started filling in my map and was
at 66
counties around 2000z on Sunday. KU8E ran my last one (GULF), but I missed
it.
The mobile ops were amazing! I had many 'in the noise' contacts and I don't
know
how the guys heard me. Every mobile run was like a DXpedition. Several stats
include ZERO band changes, best Q rate was 48/hr and 220 of my 317 40m
contacts
were with mobile ops. Is 317 40m contacts a new out of state FQP record? It
was
for me! Thank you to all the amazing mobile ops including K4OJ(44),
NO5W(32),
N4CW(24), AD4ES(22), K8MR(17), K1XX(15), N4FP(14), N4TO(13), KN4Y(12),
KU8E(12),
K4KG(7), K4FCG(5) and NN2T(2). I'm still surprised that the mobiles could
hear
me in the pile-ups. My VFO was constantly spinning from the 40m CW band to
the
40m Phone band, there was no where else to go. It was great to work many of
my
QP regulars and make some new FL friends in the process. All the folks on
the
FQP did put on a very good contest for us! See y'all next year. 73s Dave
WN4AFP

--
Dave Edmonds
PK Ministry Webs