[FQP] FQP Rules Question ?

Marty w4my at reagan.com
Wed Apr 18 03:57:37 PDT 2018

Jeff,

What you are describing is an actual category in itself in the NC QSO Party.  It is the “Expedition” class.

In NC we have mobile categories similar to FQP.  In addition, the Expeditioner can operate in “one or more” counties AND MUST use radio equipment NOT capable of motion.  This prevents an otherwise “mobile” station from entering the Expedition class unencumbered with setting up.

The Expedition class is very popular here in NC.  We actually have more of them than mobiles.  (We want more of both!)  You are welcome to join us in February!

In any event, the FQP committee may want to look into this for the long future.  I have learned that each state QP has its own “personality” and FQP is certainly famous for its mobiles.  I wouldn’t want to see that watered sown.  California is king of the Expedition class with Virginia a close second.  Georgia with all of its small counties you can really rack up the points operating from a bizillion counties.

If you are in Suwannee County, look me up.  I’ll be down there operating from my sister’s farm a week from Saturday.  I’ll be using my “expedition” equipment but only from that one county, so I will be entering as a single op.

Good luck, be careful out there! I

73 Marty / W4MY
NCQP Chairman