[FQP] [FCG] FQP Mobile antennas

Charles Sanders no5w.chuck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:25:48 PDT 2018

Tuning of my antenna was very "tricky" and I had a lot of RF in the cabin
until I installed a common mode choke right at the base of the antenna. I
used two cores of mix 31 and two turns of the coax. I based my choke on
info from this YCCC article
<http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf>

There is a new mix (75) out but right now the cores are much more expensive
than 31. I bought a couple to put on some USB cables but have not tried the
larger ones I would need for coax since the mix 31 cores are working fine.

Also from reading K9YC I think he would recommend twisted pair rather than
zip cord for the power supply connection. I have not actually tried his
recommendation however.

73/Chuck/NO5W