[FQP] CQ FQP - Recruiting Mobiles!

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 10:24:45 PST 2017

I’m looking forward to my first Florida FQP. The FQP butts right up to our schedule for heading north, somewhat constraining my options. Present plan is a solo effort, starting on Saturday near the LEE/CLR/HEN corner, and heading north along or close to those county lines to HAR. I’m intending about a hour per county, including travel time. Traffic permitting, while driving I may go to a low activity band (15?) to CQ away while recording audio.

Sunday we’ll load the car and head north. Which won’t be first thing in the morning. I’m hoping to be able to squeeze in an operating position while my wife drives. We’ll end up at my sister’s place in The Villages (SUM), from which it will not be too far for me to solo over to LAK and MAO after saying hello and dropping off my wife.

If anybody was interested to join me on Saturday (leaving Sarasota) I’d consider a route starting near the CLR/MON/DAD corner and heading north and counterclockwise around Lake Okeechobee and back to Sarasota.

73  -  Jim  K8MR