[FQP] Where is K1XX/???

charlie carroll k1xx at k1xx.com
Sun Apr 30 09:25:50 PDT 2017

Well, our FQP started at 1200 and ended at 1210 in Escambia county.  We
started operating on a fishing pier that juts into Pensacola Bay.  A
really great spot with 30 Qs in 10 minutes of operating.  As we left the
pier and headed toward the highway, our antenna clipped some low hanging
obstacle.  Not the first time this has happened, but it was surly the
last for this trip.  After a bit of on-site trouble shooting, we had to
throw in the towel; whatever was broken was beyond our ability to
repair.  Back home we went.

This was a real disappointment to both Marty and myself.  We changed
logging software and had also moved to a tablet based navigation
system.  Both were working very well

The only real highlight for the trip was having dinner with N4OX on
Friday night.  However, an 1100 mile round trip to meet up with Jay and
see the sight (ask Jay) in Molina FL was a little much.  I guess that
means about 36 miles per QSO.

Guess there's always next year.

73 charlie, k1xx