[FQP] [FCG] FQP operating

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 12 12:06:24 PDT 2016

Hi Dan,

Agree 100%. We did a different route in GQP this year going north and 40 was much better than 20 meters. We usually head south from Columbus and 20 is always our best band and even 15 might open.

We always start FQP in North Florida and usually there isn't even anyone on 40 meter CW at the start. It doesn't pickup until late afternoon. That could change as the sunspots decline and there is less absorption. We had DL3DXX calling us in GQP on 40 in a few hours before sunset.

Maybe we will see you at Fred's this weekend. Talked to him about driving up to meet for dinner?

Jeff

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid