[FQP] [FCG] FQP operating

K1KNQ at aol.com K1KNQ at aol.com
Tue Apr 12 11:27:34 PDT 2016

Hi Dan,
I agree, but I like to work on antennas.......
any excuse works
Hi Hi

Jack
K1KNQ

In a message dated 4/12/2016 2:25:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fqp at kkn.net writes:

Jack  et al -

The GQP and FQP are different in many ways.

- GA is  physically far enough north that 20M skips over many populated
areas.  We  don't generally have that problem.

- 40M is actually productive during  the day from GA.  Not so much from
down here, even in N FL.

- The  GQP continues until midnight local on Saturday, and until 8 PM
Sunday.   Along with the earlier sunset in earlier April, that means about 3 more
hours  of darkness in the GQP than the FQP.

- For GA stations, they have no  incentive to work DX as that all counts as
one mult only.  For FL  stations, each DXCC counts as a mult, so the high
bands are more  important.

20M will always be the key band in the FQP.

GL & vy 73, Dan