[FQP] Fwd: FlQP K4FCG/M(K1KNQ) SO MobileSSB LP

K1KNQ at aol.com K1KNQ at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 10:07:53 PDT 2014

____________________________________
 From: webform at b4h.net
To: 3830 at contesting.com,  k1knq at aol.com
Sent: 4/28/2014 1:04:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj:  FlQP K4FCG/M(K1KNQ) SO MobileSSB LP

Florida QSO Party

Call: K4FCG/M
Operator(s):  K1KNQ
Station: K1KNQ

Class: SO MobileSSB LP
QTH: FL
Operating  Time (hrs): 14.5

40:   0     21
20:   0      572
15:   0      10
10:   0
--------------------
Total:   0     603   CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 58  Total Score = 79,948

Club:  Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Kenwood TS480 + laptop  N3FJP software
Ant: 10, 15, 20 ham sticks, 40 homebrew loaded vertical 13  feet 2 inches
long.
Counties: 18

Things went perfect on Saturday  with qso's exceeding last years Saturday
total.
However, 1.5 hours into  Sunday operation the rig shut down due to low
voltage
input. After checking  found that one of my three main batteries had died
and
pulled the other two  down. This also caused my power controller to die.
Tried
to operate on the  remaining battery power, but voltage output quickly went
down
to 9V. Sorry  to all the ops who were tracking me. I realize that I just
disappeared. I  think when K5KG went past me at about 60mph on a back road
in
Hamilton  county (early Sunday AM) he sent bad vibes my way (Hi Hi).
Still it was  fun.
73, "OJ"
K1KNQ Jack

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal  Forms at:  http://www.3830scores.com/