[FQP] 2014 Orlando Contest Dinner Venue Change

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 17:40:03 PST 2013

Gentlemen & Ladies,

Unfortunately, due to the City of Orlando declining to renew the lease on
the American Legion Post #19's facility at 2101 Lee Rd., we're forced to
seek a change in venue for our 2014 event. The Post #19 has been a great
home for the Orlando Contest Dinner for the past four years, and we wish
them well as they go forward. Unfortunately, their new home does not have a
banquet hall available to rent.

However, I believe I've found a great replacement just across the street.
The American Legion Department of Florida, the statewide chapter of the
American Legion, has their headquarters literally just across Lee Road from
Post #19's old building. So, on Friday, February 7, 2014, set your GPS to
direct you to

1912A Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810

which is a large two-story building with a blue roof on the opposite side
of the street from the American Legion Post where our dinner has been held
for the past four years.

One additional wrinkle with this new facility has to do with capacity.
Always before we could squeeze in a few extra folks at the last minute, but
fire codes strictly prohibit more than 100 people in the banquet hall we've
rented, so our maximum capacity will be strictly enforced this year. Get
your tickets early if you're thinking of coming; you won't want to miss the
presentation by K1DG, president of WRTC2014, as he discusses the first
return of WRTC to the USA since 1996.

Once again, as a reminder, the 2014 Orlando Contest Dinner will be held on
Friday, February 7 2014 from 6pm until 9pm at the American Legion
Department of Florida, 1912A Lee Road in Orlando. Our speaker will be Doug
Grant K1DG, president of WRTC2014. To purchase tickets, send a $25 check to
K4LQ at

3437 Lake Josephine Drive
Lake Placid, FL 33852

or, send $26 by PayPal to blake at n4gi.com.

Please mention the event to local and other regional clubs; we need to
spread the word about the Dayton of the Southeast!

73,
Chris WF3C

--
Chris Plumblee