[FQP] K4R half time report

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Apr 28 04:43:47 PDT 2013

 From my out-of-state (MN) perspective, the propagation did not start
off very well on 20m. Signal levels were pretty low but built up to more
respectable levels the second 5 hours. The QSB god was very accurate,
timing the fades right when the report was about to be exchanged! I sat
through about 6 QSOs while trying to hear whether a mobile had advanced
into the next county as expected! I would periodically check 15m. I
logged 10 QSOs so far, with some booming SSB signals later in the
afternoon. 40m opened late and had QRN while the RTTY contest filled
part of the band with those signals.

Using the FlQP Log Analyzer to compare last year, I am running behind in
QSOs, 304 vs. 256. I am one county short of the CW sweep (Desoto). I am
dead even on raw counties at half time (104).

In another 15 minutes I'll be back on the radio, starting on 40m. The
worksheets I created have been helpful although I was not able to log a
"shortest sweep". When looking ahead, I discovered duplicate entries in
the Sunday listing and somehow N4EEB was not listed on either day. Maybe
his routes were posted after my last website review. His schedule is now
integrated into the version 2.0.7 files posted for download.

CU guys and gals in the second half! The fun is only one-half over!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN