[FQP] Where is K4M in the FQP?

k1xx at cfl.rr.com k1xx at cfl.rr.com
Fri Apr 27 11:16:21 PDT 2012

If you really need an answer to this question, check out this web site:

http://fqp.k1xx.com

NOTE:  You need to use either Chrome or Firefox as your browser.  Microsoft's Internet Explorer will not display correctly.

When you first access the web site, you will get a security certificate notification.  Just check the box that lets you move on to the web site.

When the site displays, there will be red and green boxes on your left.  Red is named Craig and green is K4M.  To see the data, click on the box that says "Show on Map" and then the button that says "Update Map"  You will now see red and/or position tracks depending on which buttons you selected.  The data you see now is just for explanation purposes.  (Craig and I drove around a bit with devices.)  What you see is what you get.  The browser interface was intended to be very simple and will only show position.  You can see the actual lat/lon/time by clicking one of the position balloons.  That's it.

Tomorrow morning I will enable the K4M device and start providing real-time tracking information as Marty and I run FQP.  Expect some outages as we go in and out of network coverage.

One request, please do not change the name using the Edit Name feature.  The feature is still turned on, but don't!

I have consulted with the Grand Puba of the FQP.  Using this little toy will not affect your category.  Maybe next year, I'll run it again, and maybe not; it's an experiment.

If you have questions, drop me an e-mail.  But remember, I will be busy this evening making sure we're ready to go tomorrow.

73 charlie, k1xx aka K4M