[FQP] What Category ??

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 3 17:27:04 PDT 2012

HI All,

John , K4BAI, and I would like to maybe go rovering again in FQP this year.
My old Toyota Avalon, which had our mobile station in it, died last year and
I don't think my wife wants me to put mobile antennas on our minivan.  I
have a 25 foot fiberglass mast and I was thinking about us  driving to
several counties and throw up a dipole on that mast, operate awhile and move
to another county. We would operate from inside the minivan when we were
stationary . We wouldn't have mobile antennas on it that would allow us to
drive and operate at the same time.

 I'm trying to figure out what class we would be in. After reading  the FQP
rules there doesn't appear to a "rover" class. What class would we claim if
we did this ?  Would we just be a check log ? We don't care if we win
anything. We are just want to join in the fun by being in Florida.. I don't
think we could enter the mobile class since we can't operate and drive with
our antennas at the same time.

73, Jeff  KU8E