[FQP] [FCG] W4ZW Observations of Relative Signals from the FQP

W4ZW w4zw at comcast.net
Mon May 2 14:19:45 PDT 2011

Its not easy to custom send with ESM... Yes, control K works, but takes too
much time, and if you use the paddles you screw up the ESM format, so
usually I stick with my automation.  I have to set the paddles to auto
cancel the send buffer on my MicroHam for this to work correctly.  I think
there is a setting for that... :)

[Lu,  N1MM has a special key for this.  Program the F3 key for "ee".  Send
"dit dit" and log the contact by hitting the ' just to left of the ENTER
key.  This is the same one that usually sends the shortcut for "TU" and logs
the contact.]

In TRLOG it was the \ key as I remember as the shortcut to do the same
thing.

73's from 10,000'

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW/Ø
Breckenridge, Colorado
(Where's snowing since Saturday evening"

Here's a picture of my backyard (Arapahoe National Forest" under about 6-8'
of snow.  You can see the ladder line running out thru the forest to the big
loop.

http://tinyurl.com/3rp8gsf