[FQP] [FCG] W4ZW Observations of Relative Signals from the FQP

K1to at aol.com K1to at aol.com
Mon May 2 12:55:46 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/2/2011 3:15:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lromero at ij.net writes:

You  observe that some of the CW ops were using dit dit as the  "turnover".
Let me clarify this.  I was the op doing this from the  N4TO-mobile.  I
would only do it with fast ops on the other end and usually  only at the start
of a county when other callers were waiting.

I did this for maybe a total of less than one hour out of the total 20-hour
 operating period, so it was not the standard operating practice.

I totally agree that this scares off the casual "drive-by".  But they  were
not my audience at that moment.  Had you listened to us later  in those
same counties, you would've heard me sign the call 3x at slow speeds,  well
under 30 WPM, just to trawl in some of the other participants.  We  want to
work everyone, but it's just not efficient to operate the same way all  the
time...

73, Dan, half of Team N4TO