[FQP] [ARRL-LOTW] Mobiles

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Apr 28 08:15:19 PDT 2010

Ron said:
> Until someone comes up with a "standard" way to handle mobile logs (or
> LoTW can wildcard those calls) uploading 3 logs per county is a PITA.

You missed one, Ron... WD4AHZ/M/SAR... no wonder I'm not getting matches.
wink wink, nudge nudge!

But you're right, there is no defined standard how to "deal with" mobile
logs. If a standard were developed, I would expect something along the lines
of using WD4AHZ when you are at home and WD4AHZ/M when you in the car. In
both cases, there is no need to identify your location in the callsign. That
is a convenience for use during the contest and the location is addressed in
the tQSL application. And as has been mentioned, that's where all the work
is involved, creating dozens of "mobile locations", or in the case of the
County Hunters, 3,077 "locations".

Also, don't forget the tQSL application allows you to identify locations
based on Grid Squares too. Has anyone figured out how many unique Grid
Square/County combinations there might be?

73 de Bob - KØRC/M/CHS/EN35nj in MN