[FQP] FQP and 10M

Chuck-NO5W no5w at consolidated.net
Thu Apr 1 06:20:07 PDT 2010

In our recent MS QP mobile activity we made an effort to include 15m and
managed to make 18 of our 456 Qs on 15m CW -- most of them with west
coast stations N6MU and W7GKF/6. And most as a result of request to QSY
with essentially no responses to CQs after making those Qs.

In our recent OK QP mobile multi-two activity we again made an effort to
include 15m and managed to make 18 or our 1298 Qs on 15m CW, many with
N6MU as a result of request to QSY. Again hardly any as a result of
CQing. These results are probably skewed since the 15m radio smoked all
but about 1 of its 100 watts early on Saturday morning. Interestingly we
were able to make a few European contacts with the 1w output so there is
hope for 15m but not many stations listening.

 From 3830 reports it looks like mobiles W5LE and KS5A had similar
results with KS5A actually breaking the 18Q barrier with 26 of Guff's
633 Qs being on 15m.

Conclusions:

    * You'll be able to make some Qs on 15m but most will be as a result
      of QSY requests from N6MU
    * CQing on 15m will not be productive.
    * Once you've made 18 Qs on 15m forget it!
    * If you've got a radio that smells like smoke give it a go on 15m,
      you might be surprised.

73 es GL in FQP

Chuck/NO5W