[FQP] FQP Mobile Category Rules

Sjaak van Dam pa3gvr at amsat.org
Wed May 2 06:43:16 PDT 2007

Hi List,

I agree with Dan.

The rules clearly state:

--> Mobile. Mobile is a station that is self-contained (radio,
antenna, power source) capable of motion. Motion is optional.

A dipole or big vertical is NOT capable of motion (except in high
winds;) ) and thus falls in to one of the other categories.

I also have a request for an additional mobile category.

Currently the rules say:

--> The Mobile category is not limited by the number of operators for
competition purposes. Mobile entrants may be either Single Operator or
Multioperator. There are two classes of Single Operator for mobiles.

As N4KK we ran 2 radios and it might be an unfair advantage to other
teams where both the driver and the operator changed positions from
time to time do do the driving and operating.
I would like to suggest to create 2 Multi Operator  classes:
3) Multi Operator One Radio. Multiple Operators trough out the contest
and only one radio used.
4) Multi Operator Multi Radio. Multiple Operators trough out the
contest and 2 or more signals on the air at the same time (in
different bands).

Or maybe even a Multi -2 class.

Sjaak