[FQP] FQP Mobile Category Rules

K1to at aol.com K1to at aol.com
Tue May 1 10:40:45 PDT 2007

Jeff -

Thanks for your input.  Congrats on a very solid effort and thanks for coming
down to participate again!

Several thoughts:

1)  N4PN's amp puts him into a different power category where he does not get
the 2x power multiplier, so I think that example is amply covered now, so to
speak.

2)  Hauling an antenna on a trailer is nothing new.  W5WMU did this years
ago.  How on earth can we subdivide mobiles based on antenna size?  Is a
trailer-based vertical that significantly better than one mounted on a low bumper?

3)  The current rules do specify that mobiles should have antennas that are
capable of motion.  So the concept of throwing up a dipole or big vertical in
some  counties is not really consistent with the concept of a mobile.  This is
where we have a hole in the rules and need further discussion to establish
appropriate rules.  I asked this group before to point us to a set of rules that
does address this and got zero response.

73, Dan, K1TO