[FQP] More FQP History

K1to at aol.com K1to at aol.com
Sat Apr 21 23:09:53 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/21/07 10:32:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
n4bp at bellsouth.net writes:

> I was reminded that I was contest chairman for the FQP for a
> couple of years when K1TO showed me a certificate that I had issued him
> years earlier.  Dan would know the exact year, but I think it was in the
> 80's when FL Skip was administering the contest.

Yes, Andy Clark and Robert Patten, W4OZF signed my FQP certificate from the
April 1974 running of the FQP.  It was by looking at that handwritten
certificate, which specifically mentions April 27-28, 1974, that we knew that we had
chosen the identical weekend for the "new" FQP completely independently!

73, Dan