[FQP] [FCG] 40 CW mobile window

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Thu Apr 19 05:43:20 PDT 2007

Georgek5kg at aol.com wrote:

> 10 kHz is pretty tight for the number of mobiles we are expecting.   How
> about 7025 to 7040 or even 7020 to 7040?

We had to shrink and move the window down, because of the RTTY QRM.  We
also had to leave a sliver for the home stations. Figuring they could do
better against the QRM, they could work up higher.

Making the window larger and moving it back up, puts us right back where
we were a couple years ago.

Also remember, these frequencies are "suggested" frequencies.  Nowhere
do the rules say mobiles can ONLY work this sliver of band.  If it's too
crowded ... move!

Ron