[FQP] FlQP K5KG(@W7CT) SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 28 20:49:24 PDT 2005

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: W7CT

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

   40:   56      0
   20:  161     68
   15:   18      2
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  235     70  CW Mults = 63  Ph Mults = 29  Total Score = 1

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Managed to nail a west-of-the-Rockies sweep by 1927Z on Sunday with DAD and OSC
as the final two counties.  Chasing the mobiles was a blast.  On Saturday, Joe,
W4SAA was consistently the loudest mobile, but once Sunday came and he headed
down the east coast, he became quite weak.  W4OV and W1NN had consistently loud
mobile sigs, as did Charlie, NF4A, and Ink, N4OO.  N4TO was predominate with his
secret-weapon-warbler, but was never very loud. It was interesting how their
sigs were clean at times, but not always -- I wonder how they do that!

It was a real nail biter on Sunday afternoon following N4TO up the east coast
and W4SAA down the east coast, not knowing who would be the first to make it to
OSC, the last one on my list.  Who would be the first to OSC?  The tension was
unbearable! Joe zoned out in VOL with a break that allowed Team DanVic to beat
him out to OSC.

Overall, it was amazing how the weak mobiles could pull our sigs out of the pile
ups.  However, by the time Sunday afternoon came and the end of the contest
approached, it became exceedingly difficult to break the east coast plle up.  A
Sunday afternoon pig farmer tuning across the band would surely have been
perplexed!  It's no wonder we contest.

Top mobile QSOs were as follows:
N4TO - 33
W4SAA - 28
W1NN - 18
W4OV - 17
KN4Y - 14
NF4A - 9
N4OO - 8
KA0GGI - 5

Looking forward to next year.  Who knows, we might even be mobile/4 again.

73, George, K5KG/7