[FQP] W1NN/M Rough Numbers

Hal Offutt Hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Tue Apr 26 04:50:30 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I made it back to Ohio last night after an incredible four days in FL.  I
really enjoyed the contest and driving through some extremely beautiful
Florida countryside.  With all the traffic on the freeways, you wouldn't
think there were roads with little or no traffic, but I found plenty of
them.

Raw total was 2,117 QSOs including 60 phone contacts.  I made it to 23
counties, more than I had expected.  I quit making phone contacts after the
first three counties except for the occasional QSY request.  CW was so much
fun and phone so frustrating that it was an easy decision.  If 15 and 10 had
been open SSB might be more fun.  Haven't figured out if I should submit a
CW only entry or a mixed-mode entry.

I also logged on paper and sent everything by hand (boy is my hand tired) so
it will be a while before I have the final numbers.  I'll try to write up
something later.

Thanks to all for a wonderful contesting experience.

73,

Hal W1NN/M  (solo no driver)