[FQP] FQP

W4ZW w4zw at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 06:10:49 PDT 2005

Well, you mobiles had entirely too much fun!

Next year I'm going to have to join in.

I think now would be a good time to discuss adding 80M to the line-up.  In
this current sunspot cycle, 10M and 15M are pretty "iffy."   I know that 15M
was open more than it appeared since I would tune across a seemlingly empty
band only to find some QSO, usually DX, going on with S5-8 signals.  I
called CQ on 10M for a bit and worked a few stations, but every time we
moved to 10M with a strong station on 15M, we couldn't make the connection.
Maybe we could be innovative and add 18Mhz to the soup?  I missed my usually
big runs on 40M due to family commitments, but the low bands may be our best
bet for the next few years.

It was great having many stations send "OJ" in the exchange.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"