[FQP]FQP Mobiles

K1to at aol.com K1to at aol.com
Sun May 2 11:07:40 CDT 2004

> >If they have to break the speed limit to do it, it does unlevel the
> >playing field some.  But, the rules do not disallow speeding, so, the
> >score is their score.
> >

> My observation over the past several years is that nobody gives a hoot
> about traffic laws - or has any
> regard for anyone else on the road.  I could again suggest that
> conforming to rules of the road be added
> to the FQP rules, but it would go over like a turd in a swimming pool.
> The only way the suggestion "might"
> be accepted is if one of the mobiles kills themselves and/or other
> people...  I'd hate to see it, but could easily happen.

The ONLY mobile operation that I know of that has abused anything was a
certain team that (several years ago) sped westbound across I-10 to reach their
47th and last county in time.

Team N4TO/m stops frequently to make sure that each county has a minimum
amount of time.  Our stops easily total to over an hour each day.  We spend very
little time on the highways, instead looking for back roads to cut through
county corners on.  It is the efficiency of our route that allows us to hit 44
counties, not our reckless driving.  900 miles in 20 hours does not constitute s
peeding.

Another mobile team hit more counties than we did this year, employing a
strategy of moving all the time.  One member of that team strongly urged that we
add language to the FQP rules suggesting safe driving, so I doubt that they
abuse the rules of the road either.

Let's not jump to false conclusions, folks.

73, Dan, K1TO (1/2 of team N4TO/m)