[FQP]FQP Mobiles

Bob Patten n4bp at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 29 11:35:29 CDT 2004

Kevin Bunin wrote:

>If they have to break the speed limit to do it, it does unlevel the
>playing field some.  But, the rules do not disallow speeding, so, the
>score is their score.

My observation over the past several years is that nobody gives a hoot
about traffic laws - or has any
regard for anyone else on the road.  I could again suggest that
conforming to rules of the road be added
to the FQP rules, but it would go over like a turd in a swimming pool.
The only way the suggestion "might"
be accepted is if one of the mobiles kills themselves and/or other
people...  I'd hate to see it, but could easily happen.

I must learn to conform: Run those red lights, do 100MPH through school
zones, learn to pass on the shoulder, etc...
I will practice.  Wait 'til next year (if I'm still alive).  Let's see
if we can cover all 67 counties.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp at arrl.net                   Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871