[FQP]FQP - Day 5 and counting

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Apr 19 00:57:36 CDT 2004

Hello All,

We have had a lot of out-of-state inquiries about what kind of mobile
activity to expect in this years running of the FQP.

In a posting today, Ron, WD4AHZ wrote, "I see 15 mobile operations listed (so
far) ... perhaps the highest number we've had!  Several of those are "first
timers" as FQP Mobiles joining in the fun.  Looks like there should be plenty
of activity and plenty of opportunities for a "sweep" (both modes), with most
counties being covered multiple times by the mobiles, and others being covered
by "fixed" stations."

For a list of planned county AND mobile operations, go to:

http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/cota.php

There are committments to activate all 67 counties.  However, three counties
have a comittment from only a single mobile, Charlie, NF4A/m:  Escambia,
Okaloosa and Santa Rosa.  Other mobile teams may want to consider hitting those
counties to take the heat off Charlie!

Keep those cards and letters coming.  Each comment and question you send in
helps.

OJ & 73, George, K4KG/m

WORRIED ABOUT LOCAL QRM?  Order up flowers for the XYL / YL (your choice) for
Friday delivery at her home or office.  Guaranteed to supress her carrier at
least 30 db!

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax