[FQP]Re: [FCG] FQP Mobile

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 23:19:16 CDT 2004

In a message dated 4/8/2004 8:15:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w4zw at comcast.net writes:
I had a second battery installed in my limo and a super high power
alternator, so I should be set.  Any recommendations as to an inverter to
use?  Counties that would be good from the Gainesville area?  I'll probably
be running a Kenwood TS-570SG to my High Sierra screwdriver or to a Kenwood
AT-300 and a humongous steel whip.

Jon,

Glad to hear that you will be QRV in the FQP.

You should not need an inverter. You can run the 570 directly off the battery
terminals.  (Be sure to fuse both sides of the line from the battery
terminals to the radio).  If you log with a laptop, you will need some way to power
the laptop, unless you are fortunate enough to have a 12 vdc laptop.  There are
small 75 watt dc converters to use for that purpose.  I have one, and it is
noisy on 15m but ok on 20 and 40.

I am in the process of installing a High Sierra 1800 on my Ford Explorer.
Have heard great things about the screwdriver ants, but have no experience with
them.  Looking fwd to using it.

Conver as many counties as you have time for.  Will you have a driver?

Time for a coffee get-together again.  Maybe next week after my taxes are
filed!

73, Geo...

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450