[FQP]FQP Rule Changes Under Consideration

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 21:52:57 CDT 2003

...I am sure Dan will bring this stuff all up at the meeting on Saturday
but from what I can see it sounds vfb from here!

A) Separation of the single op solo versus single op plus driver is a
good idea.  Anything that could encourage someone to try and contest at
the same time they are driving is a bad thing - if an operator had to
try and do that so he could compete with someone who had a driver that
sure would upset me.  While we are at it - there should also have a
category for operators applying makeup while contesting - just kidding!

B) No Novice activity = no need for a Novice category.

Both sound good to me!

Thanks for all you do for the FQP, Ron - efforts like yours are the
kinda behind the scenes stuff that makes the FCG a leader in the
contesting community!

(While I was showing the shack to OM6NM last weekend I herd all the TX
guys signing their call slash county abbreviation - gee, seems to me we
kinda have once again created a defacto "way you should do it")

OM6NM and I look forward to seeing a bunch of you guys on Saturday!

Go FCG!

Jim, K4OJ