[FQP]QLF de W2SR

Robert I. Block W2SR W2SR at trackdata.com
Tue Apr 29 15:17:37 CDT 2003

Many thanks to the gracious CW OPs who acknowledged my shaky fist.   I
worked a bit more than a dozen Q's putting in about 2 hours of air time
leisurely interspersed with working around the house and garden.  Condx
were quirky, often surprisingly good to the NYC/NJ metro area.  If my CW
skills were any good, I could have worked many, many  more.  Everybody
gets a 599 in a contest, but in this case most of the signals were 599+.

I didn't hear squat on 10M, but 20M was blazing away crowding the
Nebraska QP into oblivion.  15M was much weaker, but many signals were
559 and better.

One request:  Please try a QRS call (10-15 WPM) every now and then when
things get slow.  If the run never stops, then, by all means, keep up
the speed.   But many of the non-FL stations replied at moderate speeds
and I suspect that even more would have if they could identify the
calling station.    I suspect that declining sunspot activity means
poorer propagation ahead.  Taking a little sizzle off the CQ might
result in more Q's made in fewer retries.

And to Robbie (SK) , the prior holder of W2SR, I hope I'm working to
uphold your CW legacy.