[FQP]Re: [CQ-Contest] Request for Signal Reports, PLEASE

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 11:53:30 CDT 2003

In a message dated 4/29/2003 9:48:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kg5u at hal-pc.org writes:

> Yup....
>
> K4XS told me that Jim was going to ask for urine samples.  I figure drug
> tests can't be far behind.
>
> Yes, I was QRP.  Thanks.  I see that there may have been a 'best laid
> plans' factor in your intinerary....What you were reporting seemed to be
> derived in part from your Day 1 itinerary listed on the website. :-)
>
> I didn't start getting a clue as to how to properly track you guys and keep
> checking back until midway through Sunday.  Next year should be better. :-)
>
> Thanks for picking me up in the pileups.... I tried to drop my call in the
> short breathing space between their calls and your reply.  That seemed to
> work pretty well for most of the mobiles with pileups.  I know callsign
> recognition played a large part, too.  In at least a half dozen
> occurrences, I was the second QSO (him: ...tu nw KG5U 599 xxx...) where
> only part of my call may have been heard when he was copying someone else's
> call. I like when that happens.
>

> 73,
>  dale

Dale,

Your call is pretty distinctive in the piles, and besides I know you and that
always helps.

Yes, we had to change our route plans on Saturday morning.  Friday night was
nothing but thunderstorms and lightning all night.  By Saturday morning a
heavy wx system had moved over central FL and was heading east and south.  It
was clear to the north.  We decided early on Saturday to switch day 1 route
with day 2.  We headed north from St. Pete and did NW, N and NE FL on day 1,
which ended us up in Orange county (Orlando) for the night.  Day 2 was south
from there on Sun morning, and then across the Everglades in the afternoon
and up the west by the end of the contest.  Sri for being difficult to
follow...it was for us too.  We made two wrong turns along the way, each of
which cost us about an hour delay, the net result of which probably cost us 2
or 3 counties that we never made.

Tnx agn...geo

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC