[FQP]Re: [FCG] FQP NJ4M/M M/SABMixed (sometimes) LP Summary

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Tue Apr 29 00:13:51 CDT 2003

Jim White, K4OJ wrote:

 > We found the road - no help from any sort of signage - the only clue was
 > that in Dolphs it shows Tamiami trail taking a bend at that point and
 > there was a nearby bend in the road....
 >
 > We drove down the road for a while and then there was a change in the
 > method of paving, we took that as the county line and started signing
 > MON...

<snip>

 > For future reference it was refered to as somethin' "Loop" which kind of
 > makes sense when you look at it on the map, and if you watch the
 > odomoeter you can work backwards to that point, and remember the shapr
 > crick in the road, to find it...

Yep ... we were on "Loop Road", and also saw the change in pavement (we
even asked each other, if that was the line)... but kept driving looking
for a County Line marker ... we wanted to be positive we were where we
were supposed to be!

We then decided to get back on 41 and go in at "Monroe Station" and head
south from there ... but by the time we made it that far, it was already
dark, and the lousy road was full of standing water after what must have
been a good downpour.  I was still working guys on CW looking for any
landmarks with Richard ... when someone asked me if we're going to MON!
  I said we're looking for the turnoff ... but we ended up going right
past it anyway!

Should we decide to do it again next year, we'll know where we need to
be ... and try to get there during daylight hours, so it's easier to find!

The things we do for Q's!

Ron