[FQP]W7TTT Comments

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 18:36:03 CDT 2003

Sorry, friends, but conditions from the Northwest USA were abysmal 20M was
barely open most of the time. K4XS (who is usually 40 over S9) barely ever
hit S9.

On 20 CW, we had some sort of "radar" type QRM sweeping across the band,
punctuated with periods of white noise. Probably coming from Asia, since no
East Coasters complained about it. I was using a delta loop, so others who
had front-to-back may not have heard it. There were a couple of times that 15
opened for a short period.

As it was, it took an Ouija board to copy the mobiles most of the time. The
good news is that all the mobiles were about the same strength. N4TO was
always easy to spot with the little leading-edge chirp, so I work them the
most times. KN4Y was the weakest and most difficult to work.

I know you Floridians will have a hard time comprehending this, but it snowed
here most of the weekend, inducing even more QRN. I made 150 QSO's in about 5
agonizing hours of operating. I missed 6 counties. The NCCC reflector was
busy with similar laments this morning.

The NCCC was in there supporting FCG, but mother sunspots had us hampered!

Tom, K5RC (W7TTT)
Virginia City NV

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC