[Cwo] CWO admin list update

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Tue May 3 00:33:27 PDT 2016

It's been a busy week, and doesn't look like that is easing up any for me.

I've culled the CWO list to just 10 of us now:

Myself, NW2K, N1DG, IT9MUO, JF2IWL, N3JT, K6RB, WX5S, N1LN, and W6SX.
I appreciate your support and help.  That said, no one has expressed even a
hint of a desire to take on the "chairmanship" of CWO.

Without a chairman, per se, I can be the central contact point for whatever
comes up. I guess that defines the chairman position. Still looking if you
want to take it on let me know. I can be very helpful.

Dean, NW2K has done a great job of promotion for the recent CWOs. That task
must now be given to IT9MUO, JF2IWL, and N1LN each for their respective
areas. I'll leave it up to you to get the word out and get more activity
from you're regions. That is the first task and it needs to start
immediately.

Next priority is to review rules. If any of you has a suggestion for rule
changes, please let me know and we'll discuss it on this lest. If not, the
rules from last year stand for 2016. The area I think may be up for
modification would be the individual session times. Let me know what you
think by suggesting a change to this reflector. Don't be shy!

Log checking is being worked on by Pete, W6OP and myself. I owe Pete a
phone call and start some beta testing. If anyone is interested in this,
let me know and I'll include you in our discussions which will be mostly
off-net.

Results ... That's a huge open question right now. I assume Icom will fund
all awards again. If any of you knows Ray at Icom America and can be the
CWO representative then let me know. I really don't know him very well
myself. Icom was VERY supportive when CWO was first started. There will NOT
be a write-up article for 2016 unless one of you wants to do it. I think it
would be really great, but it's not something I'm willing to do. Let me
know if you can do this.

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU