[Cwo] CW Open Log Processing

D Faklis dfaklis at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 11:25:59 PDT 2013

All,

We're looking for a few good men...with available time.

Alan and I have processed logs from Sessions 1 and 2 and Alan is now in the scoring process.  Session 1, Session 2 had about 260, 340  logs respectively.

In order to speed things up and make certain schedules, are there any volunteers to  help with processing Session 3 logs (approx 270)?

Here's what's involved:

Receive emails with embedded Cabrillo files.
Find the latest version of the log if several exist
Copy the entire email message into Notepad (the whole email, not just the log portion)
Extract key information from the email and enter it into an online shared spreadsheet
Fix mistakes in the log and save:  NW2K_3.LOG (where NW2K is the ops callsign)
If more information is needed, contact the op via email, then edit log file
Email me the final version of the XXXXXX_3.LOG as attachments

This process takes me, on average, 4 minutes per log.  Most are 1 minute each, but some require longer.

Any takers?  Amount would be 270/N, where N is the number of volunteers.

Thanks,

Dean