[Cwo] CW Open IV

k6rb at baymoon.com k6rb at baymoon.com
Tue Sep 10 11:38:31 PDT 2013

Art,

We have been having a spirited debate about the date for CW Open IV.
We've looked at all potential conflicts with announced contests for Aug
23, Aug 30, Sept 6, Sep 13, and Sep 20. I also checked to see what FOC's
announced 'on air' schedule looked like. I see that you are having FOC QSO
Party this weekend - and I'll participate. FOC QSO Party has been a
floater and usually decides to pick a date with minimal conflict. There is
currently nothing on FOC calendar or on air sections that
show it's intention for FOC QP next Sept.  For that
reason, I wanted to let you know that CWops is about 99 percent certain to
be held on Sep. 13, 2014. There appear to be no conflicts for FOC QSO
Party on Sep. 20 or Sep. 27, by the way. We've attempted to avoid YO DX,
NA Sprint CW, and a spate of QSO parties. This date is the least
conflicted for CWO. I wanted to make sure that FOC knew we were very
likely to choose it so that we can avoid inadvertent conflict a year from
now.

Rob K6RB