[Cwo] 2014 CW Open

Rob K6RB k6rb at baymoon.com
Sun Sep 8 17:17:37 PDT 2013

Rather than screwing around with email messages, can we all get together on an OOVOO or Skype conference call and discuss this? Let’s confine the discussion to the pros and cons of Aug 23, Aug 30, or Sep 6...and let’s try to reach a consensus before we hang up. That way, we can begin an advertising campaign and orchestrate a promotion campaign with enough time to do it right. Also, we should try to reach consensus on awards modifications. I’m suggesting glass trophies for top score in regions 1, 2 and 3 plus aggregate (10 trophies); and plaques for best session score in HP, LP and QRP categories in regions 1, 2 and 3 (9 plaques). If we can get a consensus on that, we can run it by ICOM to see how much of it they would be willing to sponsor (hopefully all of it). I think if we tell them that we will be placing ads in US, EU and AS for the event that includes reference to ICOM as the awards sponsor, they might go for the whole ball of wax.