[Cwo] Awards

Jim jtalens at verizon.net
Wed Sep 4 11:35:28 PDT 2013

I think the matter of running low power is the operator's choice to run the race on a pony instead of a horse.  Same race.  Sure, those who handicap themselves can compete with others similarly situated but not for an award that is the same in kind as the overall all-out winner.  I have tried 100 watts in contests and have been surprised at being awarded a certificate. Most of the serious competitors were running high power.   I even ran QRP for one big contest.  I thought I deserved a plaque just for the effort!  I also vowed never to do it again.

Jim N3JT