[Cwo] SO2R - again

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Fri Mar 1 09:34:18 PST 2013

In the past two CWOs, I asked for volunteer disclosure of SO2R.  Yet only
one or two logs indicated that status .. so that method failed.  One could
adopt a "10 minute" rule for SO1R, but it wouldn't be totally accurate.

I asked WA7BNM if he could add a check box on the log submission web page
for SO1R vs SOxR but so far, it hasn't happened. My goal was to identify
SO2R in the results with an asterisk (or something), but not have a
separate category.  Generally, I'm not in favor of additional categories.

In the future, I'm open to ideas. I do think it would be useful to identify
those using SO2R in the results even though it isn't a separate category.
If you think such a "xx minute rule" would be useful in determining SO2R
then I'm open to adding that to the rules.  Maybe something like:

"SO2R will be identified in the results, but not as a separate category.
SO2R operation should be clearly indicated in your log SOAPBOX. All SO1R
operation will be limited to no less than 10 minutes on a particular band."

That's just off the top of my head.

73, Alan  AD6E