[Cwo] SO2R - again

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Fri Mar 1 04:48:12 PST 2013

Well it's becoming very clear that SO1R and SO2R are really different
categories much the same way that unassisted and assisted is or M/S and M/2.

I offer yet another example of the CWT this past Wednesday.  N4AF ran SO2R
in all three sessions (note he only specified it in one but I congratulated
Howie on his win and asked if he was SO2R and he said yes).

You can see a preview of those results here:

http://webmail.bitjanitor.net/~jhetrick/cwops/2013-02-27.html

Now I know the continuous discussion about categorization, wires vs. beams,
tribanders vs. monobanders, etc. and where do you draw the line.  In this
case I think we should at least consider separating SO1R and SO2R in CWO.

Now I'm not just saying this because I've been beaten a number of times by
SO2R, in fact I'll limit my activity in CWO just to not get into that
business but I think it unfair to the SO1R guys to have to compete against
that level of headwind.

My 2-cents.

Pete, W1RM