[Cwo] Live Scores for CW Open

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Thu Aug 8 15:49:52 PDT 2013

My opinion. I don't think we need or want it.

73,

Hank, W6SX

On Thursday, August 8, 2013, Peter Chamalian W1RM <w1rm at comcast.net> wrote:
> I’ve used the Live Scores in the past but don’t consider it a
particularly useful tool, especially for a 4 hour event.  If you have time
to go look at it then you are not making Q’s!

> There are two of these, one sponsored by the Russians at
http://cqcontest.ru which seems to very popular with the EU and UA gang.
and the other that W1VE created http://www.getscores.org/live/ but I’m not
sure of the status – it may be defunked.

> Pete, W1RM

Maenchen
> Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:46 PM
> To: D Faklis; cwo at kkn.net
> Subject: Re: [Cwo] Live Scores for CW Open
>

> Hi Dean
>
> I asked those guys to support CWO andthey agreed to do it. However, I
didn't use it myself. I don't know if anyone else did either.

> I'm copying our CWO admin reflector .. Anyone know about this?
>
> 73 Alan, AD6E/W9
>
> On Aug 8, 2013 11:06 AM, "D Faklis" <dfaklis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Alan,
>
> I was reading last year's ARRL Contest Update before the CW Open and I
noticed that you referenced real-time scores:

> Live Contest Score Server at http://cqcontest.net
>
> I could not find any CW Open results in their archives....was this server
used last year successfully?  Should I get it ready for this year?

> I have been working on promotion, primarly EU and NA, with a focus on
teams and clubs.  Can you think of things I should be doing in addition to
promotion?  Thanks!