[Cwo] Log recovery for CWO

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Fri Jul 20 11:02:19 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Alan Maenchen <ad6e at arrl.net> wrote:

Part of the post-processing work is to manually look at each log and fix
> problems.  Yes, there are always many problems.  It may only be 5% of the
> logs, but that is a significant amount of work.

Speaking of which, we and a lot of participants had problems with N1MM.
Issue was loading wrong contest module.

On CW Open page, http://www.cwops.org/cwopen.html , I suggest something
like N1MM: ver 22.06.01 or later, Select Contest Type CWOPSOPEN

And, on CW Software page, http://www.cwops.org/software.html , N1MM: Last
Update by K6MM: 12-June-2012 (Source: Joe, KC0VKN). For CWops Test Select
Contest Type CWOPS. For CW Open, Select Contest Type CWOPSOPEN.

The more we can help hams select the correct Contest Type, the fewer log
problems we'll have.

I am taking an action item to get the word out on the N1MM list in the
weeks leading up to the event.

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light