[Cwo] Awards

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sun Dec 16 09:29:38 PST 2012

I think it's obvious that HP will beat LP the vast majority of the time ..
unless that HP is stuck in a valley somewhere and the LP is on the hill
top. Highly unlikely. It then follows that the most popular category is HP
(which it is).

The awards structure allow LP and QRP to compete in their own game given
the advantage of HP.
We could give a "trophy" to each power category as well as to the top
winner (virtually always HP). At this point, it isn't a cost factor to us
since we have Icom footing the bill. I can ask them, and I'm pretty sure
they would go for it. The actual cost difference is not great.

One other point: We see this year that there are only five actual award
winners out of 12 actual awards.
KS0MO, for example, won all three QRP sessions plus the combined (four
wins) but he gets only one plaque with all four wins inscribed.

BTW, speaking of the awards, last year Icom and I were talking about the
"trophy" being a mounted Vibroplex bug. That idea failed due to
cost/availability, but I still like the idea. I'm not sure how to get that
resurrected.

73, Alan  AD6E