[Cwo] Fwd: CWO 2012

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Thu Oct 27 10:03:05 PDT 2011

FYI  -  my reply

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e at arrl.net>
Date: Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: CWO 2012
To: Peter Chamalian <w1rm at arrl.net>
Cc: Rob <k6rb at baymoon.com>, KZ5D at aol.com, n3jt at verizon.net, Bud Trench <
aa3b.bud at gmail.com>, Andy Faber <andrew.faber at gte.net>, "Keeler, Ken (N6RO)"
<kenkeeler at jazznut.com>, Bruce Horn <bhorn at hornucopia.com>

I had dismissed that date due to the IARU Region 1 Field Day which is a big
deal in EU.
However, I just looked at the rules.  This is SSB only  (CW is in June).

So, this may actually work.  We should get EU input for this before jumping
off the cliff and regretting it later.
If you have friends in EU, please ask their opinions then bring those
comments back to us. I have a few contacts in BCC and I'll ask them.

My plan was to publicize the new date at the same time the results are
published.  So right now is the time to get this resolved.  Results could be
out in as little as a week (or two).

73, Alan  AD6E