[Cwo] a couple more

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Tue Oct 4 11:55:27 PDT 2011

OK,  I'm finally back again from CQP.  That was fun.
Photos here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/117668077218135394042/CQP2011AD6ETulare

I was sponsored by US Tower corp.  They gave me a 56ft crankup trailer, a
military communications shelter, and people to help me set up and tear down.
They even allowed me to stay in their VIP guest house. Really nice people.

Odd that a state QSO party like CQP actually has stricter log checking than
CWO which is billed as a "serious" contest takeoff from CWT.  That is: CWT
is fun practice but CWO is for trophies.

If you think I was harsh on you guys, you should see my log report
(attached).  :-)
I've been doing this kind of log checking for some 15 years and I've learned
a lot .. but I still make too many mistakes. Mostly it's marginal copy where
I wind up guessing.  In situations like this, a wrong guess only means not
getting credit for the QSO so might as well guess. Some contests like SS
actually attach a 2 QSO penalty for a wrong guess. That makes you wake up
and take notice!

73, Alan  AD6E