[Cwo] For the upcoming CW OPEN

JE1TRV je1trv at a1club.net
Mon Nov 28 07:11:00 PST 2011

Hi Rob
I can help translation from English to Japanese,
but cannot help to send e-mails to those JA hams you listed since I have no
idea about their e-mail address.

Regarding the contest itself, here is my humble opinion;

There are too many ordinary style contests almost every weekends.
And all of those ordinary contests are not so interest for me and may be for
many hams who have only modest set up too.
Because, rich station who has huge antenna and big power is always strong.
It's something like a station power competition instead of an operation
technique competition.
Rich man wins, poor man lose. :-(

As one of important objective of CWops, we must grow new comers or new
generation.
So the CWO must encourage those hams as a priority.

For example,
1. Max power 50W (or set high powerpenalty)
2. Give hand key multi (Straight key x4, Bug x2, Paddle x1, Keyboard x0.5
etc.)
3. Give antenna multi (Dipole/Vert x 1, in case of beam 2lel  x1/2, 3 ele x
1/3, 4 ele x 1/4, etc.)
4. must use Paper logging (no computer :-)

Or rather than that, let's do the CWO on MorseRunner on computer.

Please take a look at HST championship,
many young peopole can comepete their technique with fair condition.
http://9m2pju.blogspot.com/2011/11/9th-iaru-high-speed-telegraphy-world.html

Thank you for reading
73+88
Atsu, JE1TRV