[Cwo] For the upcoming CW OPEN

Rob k6rb at baymoon.com
Sun Nov 27 11:48:34 PST 2011

Gents:

I've been playing around with my CQ WW log, here. I had 200 JA QSOs out of 472! That's amazing. After importing the log into a spreadsheet and removing duplicate callsigns, I have 172 JA stations that took part in CQ WW.

What I'd like to do is ask JA1NUT and JE1TRV to translate an invitation I will write (in English) and then I'd like to send that Japanese-language invitation to this list of 172 JA amateurs inviting them to participate in CW OPEN 2012.

There was quite a nice list of China participants, too. So, I'm going to translate the invitation into Mandarin and email those amateurs.

My EU list is not all that extensive. Maybe Pete or someone else on the East Coast can do a similar thing with their log for EU countries. I know I did work a lot of Spain, so could probably pull together a list for that country, too.

I think if we send an invitation early on (in January?) and, again, in July, we will turn out quite a bit more activity for the CW OPEN 2012.

What do you think about that idea?

73,

Rob K6RB