[Cwo] creating a WriteLog module

k6rb at baymoon.com k6rb at baymoon.com
Sun Jun 12 09:03:40 PDT 2011

Pat,

It was interesting that even when I tried to replicate what I did that
first time, I could not get the program to give me duplicate mults. Very
weird. As for the numbering sequence, don't worry about that. I have that
happen all the time with SO2R and WriteLog. If you queue someone up on a
second band and for some reason go back to the run band, the queued up
second-band field will have a serial number appended to it. So, when you
skip it and call the run band guy, he'll get an out-of-sequence serial
number. No biggee. And, as for the 10-letter limit, that's no problem,
either. Anyone who sends a name with more than 10 letters is not seriously
playing in this contest.

But, the redundant mult thing could be an issue, if it recurs. I'm going
to try some more tests, today, and see if I can get it to hiccup. If not,
I'm not sure what to recommend. It won't affect adjudication, because the
adjudication software will do its on score accounting. But, it will give
people a false claimed score.

Rob K6RB