[Cwo] log upload facility obtained

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sat Jul 16 20:55:31 PDT 2011

Thanks Don!

I sent a note to NO5W last week about log checking help, but no reply yet.

The process will be two tiered:
1) whip the logs into a common format (a common Cabrillo works). While that
sounds trivial, experience says otherwise.
2) Do actual log checking.

I suspect most of (1) will be manual .. done by humans with Notepad++
(2)  can be broken down as follows:
a)  check each QSO for time boundry (could be part of (1) above) and
separate into individual time events as needed.
b)  establish a list of known good calls and names (manual .. delete obvious
busted calls such as AB6E)
c)  establish a list of checkable logs (we have the log and it appears good)
d)  cross check each QSO for accuracy (call, NIL, report, etc).
e)  report result and score the log

I've done the above for many years using QuickBasic tools that I wrote
myself. I'm hoping someone with more modern tools can step forward and write
the necessary software to do this. But if necessary, I can brush off the old
"Xcheck" program and get it done with brute force.  WX5S has a mastery of
this subject, but Matt is too busy to take this on right now.

Realize this initial year will be full of unknown glitches. We will only be
able to do the best we can do. It won't be perfect.

Then, there will be writing up and posting the results. Hope to get it all
done by years' end.

73, Alan  AD6E
ex WN6BID  ck62