[Cwo] FW: The CW Open

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Wed Jul 6 12:46:17 PDT 2011

Ray,

Thanks for this great offer!  As contest manager for CWO, I'm happy to
accept your offer for this year.

We have not fully thought through the awards yet so if you have suggestions,
we are happy to listen.  Our concept at this point is to have a nice award
for top score in each of the three time periods. Maybe even a real trophy
cup?  Cost might be in the $70 range for each.  Then, for top score in each
of the three power levels a basic 9x12 inch wall plaque. That would be six
wall plaques total since the one power level (probably high power) will get
the trophy cup. I think such a plaque is about $45 each so we're talking
about $500 roughly plus shipping.  Of course, the winner of the combined
score could be someone who did now win an award in any of the individual
events. If so, then there could be two additional plaques and one additional
trophy for $650 total plus shipping.  I'm rounding since I don't really have
a solid quote to go on yet.  I also don't know about shipping cost so I
can't estimate that yet.

Certificates will be self-generating, self-printing so the cost is zero.

If you have ideas based on your experiences, please share.

Time wise, we don't yet know when these awards will be determined and
ordered. I am hoping for sometime late in October or November but it could
be later if we're overwhelmed with logs to check. For the initial year of
this event it's really difficult to estimate that.

Please contact me directly with thoughts, ideas.  I can forward and share
with the group.

Thanks again,

Alan  AD6E