[Cwo] FW: CW OPEN

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sun Aug 21 11:52:31 PDT 2011

Pete, thanks for forwarding.

All:  Please keep this discussion on the CWO at kkn.net reflector so we all
can share ideas.

A couple of thoughts ..

I think the initial CWO was successful despite the various problems.  We had
excellent turnout in NA.  We need to think how we can get AS and EU
involved. The answer probably lies in a different date. We need to think
about this.

Given the turnout we had, it was a bit long for 4 hours. However, I would
not advocate shortening it.  Instead, let's concentrate on building
participation.  The 04Z session is our "bad" session here in NA .. expected
.. but should have been the "sweet" session in AS and EU. That was the
intent.

Again, sorry for flaking out on Session 3 last night. My "running" was not
of the radio kind, and the nearest flush toilet was several miles away so I
packed it in early. I'm fine now.

73, Alan  AD6E